Tuesday, November 08, 2005

As I write....

As I write my thesis, I find more and more papers that cover more and more stuff, and reference more and more papers I have not come across yet. How can this be? Before I was seriously writing and was only looking for general reviews and specific stuff regarding what I wanted to experiment on, I couldn't find 1/2 of what I wanted, let alone all this extra stuff.
I remember saying, this will be an easy subject to literature review, there's not much literature....ha ha ha ha.

Was it just that my searches were too finely focussed? As I recall, I was searching for "bacteriophage". Maybe I was just blind to things that didn't sound, in my ignorance, to be relevant to my subject...sigh. I have 4 inches of papers to go through at the moment (just my A priority ones) and I can't get through more than 2 per day as I keep zooming off finding more related to them, then more related to those. And now that the 45 page review I just found has finished printing. I think I'll take it home to read.

No comments: