Saturday, December 10, 2011

Frivolous

And the purchases continue.
I got my leave loading for christmas, so I'm now spending it on things that I've wanted for some time but are now at a decent price;
1. A pod coffee machine (came with the milk frother and a bunch of pods included)
2. a terabyte plug & play back up device - I want to convert all those burned CDs of pictures over
3. a decibel meter (not a particularly good one, but its a nice toy)

Hmm, I'm sure there was something else other than the last of the christmas presents...I'll think of it later I expect.

The one thing I didn't get but would like to is a digital microscope (circa $100). I saw one but I wasn't too sure of the quality - it didn't look quite as good as one someone at work is using. They only go up to 400x (so no good definition of bacteria, but fine for larger structures). this one looked a bit like they had dodgy magnification. I'm told logitech makes one but I have yet to find it on the web, so the student may be talking through their hat. I'll keep looking.

Now, off to eat san choy bow sausages (also an impulse buy from our local award winner butcher)

3 comments:

Dr Clam said...

I haven't heard of pod coffee machines before. Are you sure they aren't the sort of pods that will hatch into exact replicas of you and your family and replace you? #veryafraid

Jenny said...

What did I say? Pod? of course not, its just a normal coffee machine. Yes that's it, a typo....say I have this interesting coffee machine you might like to try out. Buzz click.

Jenny said...

I was wrong - its digitech, not logitech