Monday, February 21, 2005

Exciting times at JCU high

It was 8:45am, I'd just arrived at my building after a 30 minute bike ride. It was the first day of lectures, so I'd ridden the bike to avoid all the main road traffic jams caused by inexperienced first years going up each others rear ends. I walked into Ray's office to get a drink and was informed we'd had another break in and theft. One more lap top bites the dust. I walked out of Ray's office and Phil tells me I can't touch anything in mine as they broke in via my first floor window and the Police will want to look at the crime scene. Leigh tells me they didn't take my really old desk top...I wonder why? In my office, the window is open, the piles of junk on the window sill have been removed - either shoved to one side, shoved onto the desk or taken out onto the ledge. My coffee machine, right beside where they'd have step down, is untouched - and it was rather delicately balanced too. The police arrived, had a look round, checked that the window would lock again and decided they wouldn't take finger prints becuase the window was too grotty to hold them - and nothing was stolen from my room. Now, somehow I'm going to have to focus and get all those things done that I didn't get round to Friday. Most embarrassing moment - when I had to say, "No, nothings been disturbed, it always looks this way."

No comments: