Thursday, April 19, 2007

...must...finish...thesis...

Why can nothing ever be easy. Just after I finish all the examiners requested changes , write the report on them, fix the page numbering and figures etc and print out a copy of my thesis to go to the head of school, I find the updated requirements for my thesis.

1. extra declarations in the front (causing an extra page to be necessary)
2. pdf version to go to the library

You might think the 2nd isn't hard, but my pdf converter is changing the font size a bit, resulting in the pages shifting so that the page numbering will be out again, table headers will start on one page with the table on the next page, some figures will end up over text etc etc.

It doesn't help that the pdf is required to be the same as the hard copy that I have already printed out with much time and trouble and the whole conversion thing is really slow/sometimes not even working since I have a 252 page document full of pictures. Arrgh...and Arrgh again

No comments: