Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Biggest 2 weeks ever

I'm about 2/3 of the way through a monstrously busy 2 weeks. Masses of lectures and practicals which means I've had to work around them. A grant application went in and I'm preparing for a presentation and interview for a job on this Friday. Samples are coming into the testing lab for something we've never done, so I had to design a protocol for them and make up new and interesting media. I've also been going to a series of presentations by other people for various jobs they are applying for (one a day all week). Then the PC3 lab air flow started to play up...so its been shut down and we are setting up to sterilise it on Monday-Tuesday prior to technicians doing repairs. Oh, I also did a lot of phone calling regarding a complicated order for pipettes. I'm now taking a breath and a coffee before pouring agar plates and tightening up my presentation...must also find out the type of questions that get asked at interviews before Friday morning. This afternoon I will be running a food quality practical and then going to aquarobics.

3 comments:

Chris Fellows said...

Woot! Sounds exciting. I got my ARC Application in at the absolutely last moment to be couriered to Canberra, on Monday afternoon. I expect it is full of terrible errors from being rushed but all the powers that be will remember is that I was one of the ones who put in an application and am therefore 'research active' and to be numbered among the righteous.

Jenny said...

Yay! you got yours in too!

Chris Fellows said...

When I was in Sydney last week I was talking to a colleague who went to this conference... he said on the last night they had a fancy dinner for all the big names who were heads of their national organisations (he wasn't one of them) and they all got violently ill with food poisoning.