Wednesday, February 25, 2009

there's this new toy I'd like

..but I can't justify it.

The smart pen. I don't take enough notes to need one. You buy this fat notebook and pen (replacement notebooks abt $20) and you write your notes with the pen. When you go back over your notes and wonder what they all actually meant, you can tap on a line of notes and the pen plays back audio of what the lecturer was saying when you were writing the illegible scribble that is in the book. As a novelty, you can also draw a keyboard in the book and play notes by tapping it with the pen. My cousin bought one for when she's marking verbal work for her prep/grade 1 students.


Here's an instructional video


On another note, its pouring here again.

5 comments:

Chris Fellows said...

that is *soooo* cool...

Jenny said...

Coming to a lecture theatre near you soon. I'm keeping an eye out for the first student I see with one.

ooh word verification was accid...should I expect bassic next?

Anonymous said...

Or you could buy a small laptop and type your notes. Or just tape your lectures.

It sounds like one of those toys which are cool in theory and practically no-one would ever use.

Jenny said...

yes, hence my lack of justification in buying one. I'd play with it and then it would just clutter up the house

Jenny said...

yes, hence my lack of justification in buying one. I'd play with it and then it would just clutter up the house