Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Sound is overrated anyway

Both my video camera and my computer are in the shop (different shops) for quotes for repairs to the recording component of the audio. In both cases I can play something and hear it, but when I want to use the microphone - nada, zip.

I need to video next weekish to record some work related stuff and I'd like the computer back by tomorrow night to play LOTRO (or I'll be bowing out). My laptop has lotro on it, but plays buggy at the lowest resolution and hasn't been updated for a year. I really need to find a CD version of LOTRO+Moria so that I have a version that won't take 3 solid days of downloading and blowing my limit to do a reset.

Anyone know if they are purchasable in Australia?

On other sound related topics, I've moved 1/2 my birds to the front of the house in anticipation of selling them - and hopefully to stop the neighbour complaining that they are too loud. The remaining birds sound just as loud to me, but the ones out the front sound quieter than they did out the back and I know at least one of them was the noisiest bird out there.

I looked up the old out of date council regs. They defined caged budgies as "quiet birds", cockatiels as "medium" and cockatoos and "loud". The budgies are apparently more annoying than the cockatiels.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

I can mail you the game on DVD if you'd like. I still have my last download of it.

Jenny said...

yes please,
My last saved download was loooong before Moria came out.
Was this a "my hard drive fried" download of recent times?

Andrea said...

The first time it fried was before Moria, I think, so when I downloaded it for Moria, I burned it to DVD, which was fortuitous for the second frying.

Computers are so fragile...

I'll copy and mail it off.