Monday, October 26, 2009

problems briefly fixed

P1
The guy came round, looked at the phone - discovered I'd plugged the network port into the phone line which had caused the complete silence (woops - since taped over that connection). Couldn't find any static, said it might be one of my plugs being old and a little dodgy connection wise.....they'll probably send me a bill since they found the plug in the wrong port)
Static came back the next day - replaced all of my line filters and splitters, static still there. Will call my brother before calling Telstra again I think.

P2
Opened up the computer, swapped the ram around, prodded the connections - issue went away. Until I'd had the computer on all Sunday afternoon, where I got a BSOD and then a brief freeze with audio loop. I also had a new issue which was actual lag I think - though possibly it was the freeze screen. It killed Bindy.
I'll have another open up and prod. I may have to run the computer with the side off, or move it to somewhere I can blast a fan on it full time. I could tape net curtain over the side - or fly screen - and let a fan blow in...I could buy and install airconditioning I guess too.

No comments: