Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas one and all (for tomorrow)

Because there's no way I'll get on the computer tomorrow to say it - what with the turkey and the ham and the cake and the prawns... and the buche de Noel.

In the last two days I mowed the lawn, window tinted the western facing windows in the back room, bought office 7 for a laptop that didn't have office on it, did the very last of my Christmas shopping and had a pedicure (the nail polish was a little disappointing - I was careful with it for 2 hours afterward and assumed it would then be dry - and now I have material patterns in it from the blanket on my bed when I had an afternoon nap.

I also had my first MRI today - loud long and slightly uncomfortable, but at least only the bottom 1/2 of my body went in so there was no claustrophobia induced panic attack involving wild thrashing about and uncontrolled sobbing.

Still to do today
Photograph the bird Susie is getting for Christmas, take a bird over to Dot and wrap those last pesky presents.
I think I'll wait till after Christmas to do anything more on my list.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Merry End-of-year season Jennies.

As an extra present, here's one of the best webcomics I've read for some time - better even than Goblins, though that is also very good.

http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=1

Most laughing - methods of cutting grass.
Most sad - whiteboard tears.

I love the internet for making accessible stories that probably never would have been published, but which are so much more interesting than many which are.

Jenny said...

well, I WAS about to go to bed...but now I'm reading