Tuesday, May 18, 2010

not sure I like this new fangled technology

I've been reading through the Hugo award entries on my computer, so I can vote intelligently - or at least not based on whose name sounds coolest. I'm finding I'd much prefer to be lying on a bed with a paperback in front of my nose. Its more comfy and less hard on my eyes. Perhaps if I tech'd up and got a ipad I would be able to at least lie down and read, but I still prefer the ability to stick my finger in a page and randomly flick through, knowing I can get back to my page at will & immediately.

3 comments:

Chris Fellows said...

Aren't you supposed to be working, Jenny? Or are you having some well-deserved time off?

Jenny said...

I've been reading them at home after hours. I have however been procrastinating about marking fungi pracs (hence the filling in my blog). The pracs are now marked. They are the broadest range of marks I've ever given.

Andrea said...

I read ebooks on my laptop on the way to work, and I don't mind that, but I prefer paper for reading still.

Something like the Kindle (light with e-ink) would probably work better for me, but I'm holding off on any of that tech since I can read on the laptop (and Amazon has alienated me with its shenanigans).

Ebooks will be good for 'disposable' books for me, but not till the market's settled down.