Tuesday, May 17, 2011

new toys

I bought myself a HTC wildfire phone. I was wanting another one in the HTC family, but it was only available on a network I didn't want to use and the next closest one was very expensive. I got it on sale, set the internet to wifi access only and am now happily doing prepaid. If needed I'll switch my prepaid to the version that has a couple of meg of download in case I need to use maps somewhere, but in the short term its a cheap way to have a smart phone with lovely, lovely apps. The wifi isn't as great here as it is in the UK. My brother has the same phone and showed me how to set it up this way. Almost everywhere he goes in the UK has free wifi access.

My next toy, should it ever come back into stock anywhere, will be the Sony PRS650 ereader. After extensive reading, I decided it was the one that did the most of what I most wanted....then its not available.

No comments: