Thursday, October 20, 2011

Incorrect assumption

There's a book in my cupboard that Andrea gave me in 2000. Spindle's End by Robin McKinley. Every time I've been thinking about reading an old book, I've brushed past it thinking "thats the one with storyline X" I'm not in the mood for that. I pulled it out the other day thinking..mmm.. storyline X, that'll do. And its Not!
All this time I was mixing it up with another book - which I'll now have to find. Its also been so long since I read this one that the story was completely new to me. It didn't ring a bell at all!
I like Robin McKinleys books, so its not that I skimmed through it and didn't actually read it...I think I must have read it only once however and somehow got my brain wires crossed...perhaps its been written over in my long term storage because I lost the link to it.

2 comments:

Andrea K Höst said...

You forgot it was Sleeping Beauty?

BTW, read the other day that the rest of Pegasus is now two more books and won't be out for at least another couple of years. I bought, but haven't read Pegasus because I heard that it was more a "story part" than a whole story. [And, well, because I really don't like the main character's name.]

Jenny said...

Indeed I did.