Monday, October 31, 2011

New power supply!

My old supply died last night in spite of technically being above the level required for my new card. My computer guy put in a new one for me without labour fees since he'd just put in the video card. Its a gigabyte superb 720 (which gives me some wriggle room for other upgrades). He also suggested I get a bigger case, mine's a bit old and not really designed for big gaming components and max airflow. Since he has a similar set up, in a similar not air-conditioned environment, I'm thinking hew understands what I need best. He suggested I look around and find the one I like most (he'll do the swap over if I want). I was going to get a couple of suggestions off him today but I forgot.
Anyhoo - I have a power supply replaced with something nice in about 2 hours with no labour cost. I like my computer shop :)

now off to reading up on case brands :D...I may wait till another couple of pays to buy one.

4 comments:

Andrea K Höst said...

I'm expecting your next post to be "New monitor!" or "New motherboard!".

Jenny said...

You have discovered my secret plan to upgrade my computer one component at a time - while pretending it is necessary!

Jenny said...

PS. I like the master cooler HAF X

http://www.coolermaster.com/product.php?product_id=6653

though I've only just started looking

Jenny said...

I also think this is very freaky, but I'm not going to buy it - not cheap!...and nearly 30 kg by the time you've put components in, probably.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=ngVllWoRBug