Monday, March 13, 2006

Living dangerously

If when driving at 100km an hour down the highway, the car starts to vibrate and feels like you are going at high speed over corrugations whilst pushing a 2 stroke lawn mower, do you;

A) stop the car on the side of the road and check for obvious problems
B) slow down, annoying all the other cars and drive more slowly to limit any damage
C) assume its the engine problem you think you have getting worse and stay at 100 since its only another 50km till you get home and how much worse can it get.

Actually it was my rear right tyre separating and the vibrations were due to the egg on the top. After I got home and described the symptoms, my dad said it was exactly this and that my tyre was going to blow out...very soon, so I shouldn't drive on it at all. It was probably only prayer that was the reason it didn't blow while I was doing 100km/hr on a highway with traffic in both directions. My mother was the one who noticed the two, 10cm long wires sticking out of the tyre. I put the spare on this morning and will be spending $140 as soon as I finish here.

No comments: