Tuesday, July 04, 2006

misc. et. al.

I'm still coughing. Will this disease ever end!

I didn't go to the show (no point in ensuring I stay sick for the rest of the year) and I'm sad. It was cheaper this year than it has been for some time and it looked good. I like the show.

I need to get a flu vax. I must remember to ring my doctor.

This long weekend (show day was monday) I did a lot of lying around coughing. In between bouts, I leveled the dish washer, planted a coffee bean, started to design a new online game, started to type up the names of my brothers books and determined that thyme is a really good companion plant for cabbage. I planted individual cabbage plants near each other some time ago, surrounded by different herbs. They all got chewed nigh unto death except the one nestled in the thyme.

I also managed to delete the sound driver on my computer by accident. I didn't realise it was the sound driver. I thought it was some insignificant extra program I'd installed. I then found that resetting to an earlier system setting, although it should work in XP, kept failing at the last section and freezing up. This is disconcerting. I was assuming I could rest if I screwed something up.

An online search determined that lots of other people have done what I have done and finding the driver requires that you know what your motherboard is. One opened computer later...I found the original disk for that motherboard in my files and happily reinstalled (only wasted about 2 hours and a bunch of my online time).

No comments: