Monday, May 28, 2007

Call me Lucky Doctor Jenny

On Friday I recieved a tube in the mail. It contained my official PhD certificate. You may now all congratulate me again. Stay tuned for the last congratulations which will be when I wear my floppy hat and shake someones hand (possibly in December). I can now wear my Piled higher and deeper t-shirt. It is green and says "Doctor" on the front. The back has "of Philosophy" with a grinning graduate underneath. Everyone thinks it is funny (particularly the non-medicos in the medicine building). My most common comment has been "can you actually buy those?".

On the weekend I went scrapbooking all of Saturday and won the big lucky door prize. A cropping box filled with misc scraps, paper, card and cut outs and stickers. Probably a couple of hundred dollars worth if you add it all up. Then I won a pack of paper in the 2nd chance draw (we all had 10 tickets each :)). All in all a very good day and I got the fun of sorting through my box in the evening. I was scrap booking my Tasmania holiday (the first page has Andrea looking at the cobweb covered petrol bowser from when we ran out of gas as we rolled into the closed service station. Its funny in retrospect).

On less fun news, my planning for today has been thrown completely up in the air as I got a call this morning from my father to say he's taken my mother to emergency with severe pains in the abdomen. They are looking at her now. I'm hoping its colitis. There is some going around at the moment with exactly those symptoms. Its been 4 hours with no news as yet. I'm sure dad would call if there was a problem though.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

update: mum is home, it was a kidney infection

Dr Clam said...

All good now, I hope? Pass on my best wishes to your Mum, I hope she is all better.

I also am a spambot.

And what is Dot up to nowadays? Twist her arm to send us an update or something!

Jenny said...

mum is now fine - she is on antibiotics to clear it up but no longer needs painkillers. They had her on morphia while she was in the hospital getting antibiotic injections though.
...and I always get the long word verifications...dufqvjwi