Friday, August 24, 2007

back to the good stuff: aka day 5

I slept in on Friday the 29th (since breakfast wasn't till 8:30am) and when I woke, the niggling headache I've had for months was gone. This came back during the travel stress. My back still ached from the luggage carrying, but not too badly. I bought a Yorkpass and caught the sightseeing bus to look at the town. I went to York castle museum - can take hours to get through, The york dungeon - very commercial, could have been anywhere, the micklegate museum, the regimental museum, the York Minster undercroft & then to evensong - good acoustics + mitres, incense and robes. I had a wild boar burger and fat rascal for lunch, and went to the golden fleese (oldest pub in york) for dinner. It was built before 1503 and all the floors and walls slope.
Then I went back to my B7B...exhausted. Did I mention the B&B had carpet in the bathroom?

2 comments:

Dave said...

The carpet-in-the-bathroom thing might be the strangest thing we saw in England. The bathroom in Alix and Dave's flat had a very ripe smell thanks to the leaking taps and the carpeted floor...

Jenny said...

this one felt clean and dry, but I was so leary of getting carpet wet that I dried off in the bathtub..no dripping water everywhere for me