Monday, August 06, 2007

day 4

After days of the airline saying that the courier had the luggage and the courier saying that It was on their paperwork as not confirmed yet, I rang the airline and they were alarmed and actually tracked down the luggage. Apparently the courier hadn't got to the luggage pick up on time and the luggage was swooped on by customs (who put it in their lockup - after taking off all my tamper-tags I think). They promised it would arrive tomorrow. This was a problem as I was heading off to York an hour after my conversation but I didn't want to change addresses as I'd had enough trouble getting it to Falkirk, let alone heading it back south again. So I headed to York for a week with no luggage and decided to buy what I needed there and just have my luggage arrive at Ruths house whenever it did.
I got on a train at Falkirk, got off at edinburgh and found that my connection south was an hour late due to a problem on the line. Roamed around the station and got another train South which was actually quicker :) Arrived at York and walked to my accomodation. At this point I was glad I didn't have all my luggage with me. The room was small but well appointed and I went out to do a night tour (in the daylight - dark at 11pm) before having a well deserved sleep.

No comments: