Saturday, February 05, 2011

Post Yasi - day 3

Still no power. I got someone in Thuringowa to recharge my computer & mums mobile. The Ergon guy was on the radio talking about expected repair times & listed suburbs that will get power over the weekend, then the suburbs for next week and the suburbs they can't get into yet due to damage...my suburb was not mentioned at all. It could be a long week. I'm now entitled to a payment to cover expenses of being without power (generator fuel, ice, thrown out food etc. I haven't rung yet in the hope we'll get power back soon. If not , the costs will start to mount up & I might think about it.
The weather is getting warmer, skies are blue, hot sun, steamy ground, so I'm missing the fan now. I'm also achy, I've been working pretty hard the last few days pulling out stuff we had stored and this morning I helped clean up the very, very large amounts of huge fallen trees at our church. We only stopped because the larger tools (such as chainsaws) all ran out of oil. There are a few petrol stations open, so dad got fuel, but they had no ice. The ice maker in Townsville has been sleeping at his facility making ice 24 hours a day with friends and family to help. There's a queue at the gate that has been as long as 2km at times. I'm not sure I need to get ice that badly.
Missing my computer games :( I haven't been bored enough to pull out my work notes though.

2 comments:

Chris Fellows said...

Your computer games miss you too Jenny! Sounds like JCU will be closed for a few days yet?

Jenny said...

Nope, it opens on Monday. I'm going on a 3 day course then.