Friday, February 18, 2011

Sucky Windows

I just noticed that my windows now says its a non-genuine copy - I've checked online and according to the literature it does this if it asks you to type in your code and you don't (even if you do afterwards). This rings a bell from when windows downloaded a patch that caused my computer to not turn on and when I could get it on, it thought I had a new version of windows and wanted my number. This happened several times and on some occasions, it may have been asking for it but my monitor was not working. On at least one occasion I clicked past it without typing it in because I knew I'd previously installed it properly. I ditched the patch and now things are ok-ish, but I'm now waiting for windows to play up in a "non-genuine windows" way.

No comments: