Tuesday, November 23, 2004

In spite of my new found alertness....

I still don't expect to be able to finish writing chapter 5 in a week, which is what I need to do to stay on schedule. There are too many distractions, lab work I need to do, people I have to supervise, people who expect me to supervise and explain things (in spite of the fact they aren't my supervisors students), procrastination page to write. My alertness stems from a combination of "it rained last night so I slept well and its cooler" and " I had my first learn to swim lesson last night, so I'm well exercised and buoyed up :)".
I finally made the decision to learn to swim properly so I can do laps for exercise rather than short period of wild splashing followed by gasping and spitting up water. I spent last night practicing breathing technique which swimming up and down the pool with flippers and a kick board. By the end of the night I graduated to just flippers. I'm so chuffed. It was much easier than I thought it would be. I swam the whole 50m without stopping to recover once. yay me.

No comments: