Thursday, January 13, 2005

I was going to have a good day

The first thing that happened this morning was a call from a debt collection agency. Apparently BOC gases thinks I owe them $199 from 2002 from the place I lived in Charters Towers.

I moved from Charters towers in January 1998 ( I think, I'd have to check exact details for the exact month)
I paid cash up front for my gas (which cost about $50 a bottle and I only bought one at a time).
When I arrived there were two gas bottles attached to the house. When I left there were two gas bottles attached to the house.

The debt collection agency is now getting a proper invoice from BOC as they don't know specifically what the debt is for and I will be spending my free time tonight going through my files looking for what few pieces of paper I have from 7 years ago to show I don't owe them any money. The only thing I can think of is that after I left someone took a gas cylender and it took them 4 years to figure it out. A real stretch.

No comments: