Tuesday, May 24, 2005

A week later....

It took me a whole week to get over the bleary, tired phase of no coffee. If it weren't for the fact I enjoy my cappuccinos so much, I'd seriously consider not starting drinking again when the diet is off. Strangely I have had no actual coffee cravings, or any other cravings for that matter. I went off the idea of chocolate in a matter of days, in spite of the lindt chocolates sitting on the bench. This is the only diet I've been on where I've had a whole week without feeling deprived in some way, I hope that doesn't mean I'm not going to lose any weight. "No pain no loss" sort of thing.

On related news, I set the kitchen on fire on Sunday....or at least a pan, but with great presence of mind, and thinking about how badly I could splash burning oil round the kitchen if I was foolish enough to pick up the pan, I picked up the lid and dropped it over the top, thus putting it out. Then I spent ten minutes with windows and doors open, fanning the fire alarm to stop it beeping. Nice to know it works.

I'm now at stage two of my "while my parents are away I'm going to clean up the house" plan. I've tidied up the kitchen and done the household tasks that needed doing before my parents left. Now under the house. I'm going to haul out everything beside where the car is parked and repack it in some form of order with shelving involved. It doesn't help that most of this is bits of wood and metal my dad thinks will come in handy someday. I expect it will take all weekend.

Next weekend I have to have the kitchen cleared out as the renovators (read my uncle and aunt who have a house repair/renovation company) will be coming to gut the kitchen to build our new one. After all my efforts to clean, the house will be in disaster phase at just about the time my parents get back....of course.

1 comment:

Marco Parigi said...

I found a more effective way to make yourself more googlable. Just putting in a comment into Anotherblog with your keywords (or name) in the name field and your blog address (http://procrastinationpage.blogspot.com) as your web page field, Google agents should pick up on that and traverse your blog for keywords. I would do it myself, but he was a teensy bit annoyed at my more gratuitous effort last time :-)