Friday, March 09, 2007

the lack of plan making

I'm going to Britain in July. I think for three weeks. I'll be visiting my brother. I keep thinking of things I'd like to do while I'm there, but it will be the height of the tourist season, so if I want to go places, I'll have to make sure I'm booked in advance. I've booked the flight over, but not back yet (Saturday 14th July, flying SwissAir out of Cairns).

The problem is; In a very un-Jenny like state, I don't want to make plans, I don't want to know exactly what I'm doing and make bookings for things. I want to be spontaneous and just turn up on whim. This is not like me at all. I feel torn between actually doing something about having accomodation/transport to go the places and do the things I want to (my usual preferred holiday plan of attack), and just cruising along (never done it before...except maybe in Tassie when we tended to go...where does this road go? But even then, we had back up plans and some clue).

2 comments:

alixkid said...

Don't worry impromptu is possible, just more expensive. Remember to turn up before the tourist information centre closes, so they can get you a room for the night.

Jenny said...

my little brother suggested I stay at holiday inns. Not much more expensive than youth hostels and far fewer noisy young people partying all night. Even when I was their age I didn't party all night.