Thursday, March 29, 2007

How do I?

I have to ask my microbial home brewing collegues how they make non-alcoholic ginger beer. My parents used to make it - till they got sick of clearing up the broken glass - so I could ask them too. I know someone who is making a recipe that will turn alcoholic if left long enough (so its all about temperatures and ingredients and time)and he wants to ensure it's alcohol free before he hands bottles over to minors. I suggested he could get one of those breast milk alcohol strip kits that were on TV the other night. They might work with ginger beer too. You'd need to test it with some positive and negative ginger beer controls first.
Maybe I could do a troll through the web and try a bunch of recipes myself. I've always wanted to make ginger beer (in plastic bottles) and its a very microbiologist thing to do. Any favourite recipes anyone?

No comments: