Thursday, January 15, 2009

Blech

I started work yesterday at 8:30am and finished at 8:30pm - all food lab sample processing. Now I'm back at work at 8:30am again. Todays stuff shouldn't take as long in the lab, so for the rest of the day I'm doing all the admin crap I haven't got to. My office is a pigsty and I have a bunch of ordering and number crunching that needs to be done. Biosafety forms updated, new students forms examined, course redesigned to run next month, filing, rubbish to throw...I'm not even going to look at the papers and lectures I need to write :( 14 lectures in 2 weeks at the start of semester, ick!
Edit : also set up old computer and try to rescue data before chucking....I'm stopping now to have a percolated coffee (Red Back Mareeba Arabica coffee)

4 comments:

Chris Fellows said...

Reviewed a paper today that cited a paper of ours from last year for values of a certain parameter- but we determined it in a certain temperature range and it isn't really valid to extrapolate our expression outside this range. They were working well above it. So I pointed this out. I probably did myself out of a citation, but I do feel virtuous now... :\

Chris Fellows said...

The word verification is now 'versess', and the one before was 'exactin'...

I expect you have noticed your first non-author citation to catch the attention of SciFinder? :)

Nucleotide sequence of a Madagascar hepatopancreatic parvovirus (HPV) and comparison of genetic variation among geographic isolates. Tang, Kathy F. J.; Pantoja, Carlos R.; Lightner, Donald V. Department of Veterinary Science and Microbiology, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ, USA. Diseases of Aquatic Organisms (2008), 80(2), 105-112.

Anonymous said...

When do you find out about your job, BTW?

Jenny said...

scifinder: nope, I hadn't checked...cool though, these guys are the big names in that field.

Job: I'm assuming I'll get sent a formal letter inviting me to interview at some point. I was having a conversation with mum the other day and realised, I've never got a job I've interviewed for. All my jobs have been "would you like to work for us" set-ups. I must suck at interviews.