Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Finally, the PNG pics


I went to PNG in November to field test an updated kit I'd been working on. The kit is for testing for L. filariasis and the uni is involved in a monitoring program for this in PNG. So I helped with their sampling in return for using learning about field limitations. We went to Oro province. The people were lovely. These are people from Saiho. The first place we went. They fed us well and had a feast for us one night.




Here are some shots of me working...



While we were there, we went up to Kokoda. This is me on the Kokoda Trail. Now I can say I've walked (a bit of) it.


We also went to Oro bay to work....beautiful paradise, in which I unfortunately got food poisoning after finishing my work.


While this goodbye photo looks fine, I was actually feeling very queezy at the time

Once I'd recovered we went to Port Moresby and I shopped at the markets before coming home. The mesh bag is a real highland billum.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I should also have said something about the people in the background of my shots. More tomorrow when my brain is functioning again