Wednesday, January 24, 2007

a little hygiene experiment

I was given an Enjo face washer for Christmas. This is a soap free face washing glove, where you just wet it and wipe over your face, then rinse off the washer and squeeze it out - no soap, no soap free soap, nada. I was dubious about the value of this so I tried a two week experiment where I used only the washer or straight water on my face...no soap for cleaning my face for two weeks. Theres been no obvious detrimental effect from this. Today I wiped over my face thoroughly with a clean and clear deep action cleansing wipe (on the basis that that would pick up all the gunge and I'd be able to see it on the wipe)

Results: Face - no dirtier than you'd expect after a days worth of work grime
Back of neck (that gets shampoo on it every night) -eeuuuw must clean that more...maybe with the enjo wipe

Now my face feels tight and stripped of the protective natural oils (which it didn't before, with the glove it just felt clean and scrubbed).

So waddaya know, the enjo glove actually works.

No comments: